SomoS Art House in Berlin is looking for a talented, creative, and ambitious intern to join the curatorial team and assist us in producing high-quality and engaging exhibitions and events.
The ideal candidate for the curatorial internship will have a keen interest in contemporary art with some knowledge of curation and exhibition planning/design and a clear understanding of SomoS and its programme. Candidates must be well in progress towards completing their studies in a relevant field such as art history or cultural studies at the time of application.
Fluency in German is preferred and excellent English is required for this position.
Successful candidates will join a small team and work closely together in a collaborative environment. Students of art history, curation, and cultural management, will learn practical skills regarding exhibition development and implementation. They will gain experience in all aspects of cultural management and opportunities to reflect upon their own professional development. Exceptional participants may also have the opportunity to contribute to the programme during their time at SomoS.
The position is a part-time internship and will require a commitment for three months of at least two days per week with flexibility to devote more time during the period directly before and during an exhibition or event.
In order to apply, please send us a cover letter briefly describing why you would like to work with us at SomoS Art House. Please also include a recent curriculum vitae with past education and work experience, if any.
– Administrative Tasks including E-mail and Social Media Responses
– Marketing and PR – Social Media, Press clippings, Newsletter, Blogging
– Archival Research
– Assist in Documentation of Exhibitions and Openings/Events
– Communication with Artists
– Installation and Exhibition Assistance
– Preparation, Organization, and Facilitation of Events and Projects
– Greet and Assist Exhibition Visitors, Give Short Tours, Handle Inquiries
– Sponsorship, Grant, and Fundraising Assistance
– Native German speaker with excellent writing skills
– Fluency in English
– Superior written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work independently
– Computer Literacy with an emphasis on Social Media and Marketing
– Relevant Field of Study (Art History, Cultural Studies, Cultural Management etc.) and a strong interest in Contemporary Art.
– Available a Minimum of Two Days/Week with extra availability during periods before and during an Exhibition or Event including evening availability.
Applications and inquires: please email firstname.lastname@example.org